Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Inspirational Movie

A lot of times athletes get discouraged and want to give up since it is hard work and takes a lot of dedication.

I recently saw a movie called, The Express which was really inspirational and made me really realize that what I am doing is a gift. I hear sometimes people feel that they want to give up and that there is so much more they could do with their time instead of training hard.

This movie is about the first african-american, Ernie Davis, to win the Heisman Trophy. He was blessed with a gift of talent, but never used that as an excuse to not train hard.

I really recommend that you see this movie. There are times when he is hurt and still runs. There are times when he has struggles in his life, but he still trains. Playing the game is all that matters to him.

Ernie Davis grew up in a life of poverty, but that never brought him down. Through the tough times he focused on his goal of being the best player he could be.

Try to see this movie if you get the chance. It really helped me realize that all the hard work that I am putting in on the track is going to pay off. So hang in there, season is right around the corner!

No comments: